"North Carolina Historic Newspapers will digitize runs from the following newspaper titles in 2017/18, totaling approximately 100,000 pages. These will be added to the over 200,000 pages of historic North Carolina newspapers pages already available on the Library of Congress’s Chronicling America newspaper site."
The papers to be added include:
- The Hillsborough Recorder, Hillsborough
- The Independent, Elizabeth City
- Henderson Daily Dispatch, Henderson
- Tabor City Tribune, Tabor City
- The Onslow County News and Views, Jacksonville
- Marion Progress, Marion
- Old Fort News, Old Fort
- The Times-News, Hendersonville
- Carolina Watchman, Salisbury
- The Wilmington Morning Star, Wilmington
- Roanoke Rapids Herald, Roanoke Rapids
For the entire article, please go to NC Newspaper Article.
This is great news as it increases the size of the North Carolina collection in Chronicling America, and it sounds like they will be adding newspapers for the years of 1923-1963 as part of this addition.