The Connecticut Digital Newspaper Project (CDNP) Advisory Board has just announced the selection of the following 25 titles for the third NEH grant and that they should all be online by the fall of 2019:
- New Britain Herald, 1920-1930
- Connecticut Western News, 1871-1922
- Tolland County Press (Stafford Springs), 1883
- The Press (Stafford Springs), 1883-1922
- La Tribuna del Connecticut (Bridgeport, Conn.), 1906-1908
- L’Indipendente (New Haven, Conn.), 1907-1936
- La Sentinella (Bridgeport, Conn.), 1920-1930
- Hartford-Springfield Chronicle, 1940
- Hartford Chronicle, 1946-1947
- Connecticut Chronicle (Hartford, Conn.), 1948
- New England Bulletin (Hartford, Conn.), 1949
- Mechanics’, Operatives’, and Laborers’ Advocate (Norwich, Conn.), 1836-1837
- American Mechanic and Home Journal (Norwich, Conn.), 1849
- The Liberty Bell and Workingmen’s Advocate (Norwich, Conn.), 1867
- The Examiner (Hartford, Conn.), 1881-1888
- The Weekly Examiner (Hartford, Conn.), 1890-1901
- Workmen’s Advocate (New Haven, Conn.), 1883-1891
- Connecticut Citizen (Ridgefield, Conn.), 1892
- Hartford Labor, 1894
- Connecticut Workman (Bridgeport, Conn.), 1901
- The Stamford American, 1906
- The Labor Standard (Hartford, Conn.), 1910-1922
- The Connecticut Labor Press (New Haven, Conn.), 1918-1921
- The Connecticut Labor News (New Haven, Conn.), 1921-1925
- The Connecticut Craftsman (Hartford, Conn.), 1932
From the Hartford Courant:
"The Connecticut State Library is pleased to announce that with a third grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities, 25 newspaper titles have been selected to be digitized for the Connecticut Digital Newspaper Project (CDNP), and made freely available online.
Gregg Mangan, Manager of Digital Humanities at CT Humanities noted that "this collection is a windfall for researchers interested in exploring the diverse stories that make up our history." For the full list of specific newspapers and dates, history blogs and other resources, please go to the CDNP website at http://ctdigitalnewspaperproject.org/.
All titles are expected to be completed and freely available online through the Library of Congress' Chronicling America site https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/ by Fall 2019, adding to our other CT newspapers from Bridgeport, New Haven, Newtown, Norwich, and Waterbury http://ctdigitalnewspaperproject.org/ . In addition, the State Library's Newspapers of Connecticut digital collection is also available online and is in the process of being added to the Connecticut Digital Archive."
For the complete article, please click on Connecticut State Library Announces 25 Historic Newspaper Titles to be Digitized
Terrific News from the State of Connecticut!
For access to other historic newspapers from the state that are currently available for free online, please check out Connecticut Online Historical Newspapers Summary