In February, 2017, I started publishing a list of the catalog of online historical newspapers from over 400 different collections put together by the Advantage Archives Company, developed in conjunction with the libraries, historical societies and museums across the U.S. who preserve the historical newspapers for their communities. The list has grown a lot since then. Now there are over 700 collections - over a 70% per cent growth in three years.
To see the latest complete list, click on 80 Million Historic U.S. Newspaper Pages Now Available from Advantage Archives
Here are the new County and Library collections that were added after the previous monthly Advantage Archives update, followed by the collections that have had newspapers added to their existing collections in the last month.
New County and Library Collections (listed by county; includes name and link to collection, and number of issues or pages):
- Tazewell - Tazewell County Genealogical Society (20,982 pages)
- Adams - Berne Public Library (159,149 pages)
- Lenawee - State Line Observer (36,741 pages)
- Fulton - Bear Creek Valley History Center (1,972 pages)
- Clay - Vermillion Public Library (73,629 pages)
Here is a list by state and county of the existing online collections that had pages added in the last month that are available to search for free:
- Pinal - Casa Grande Public Library
- Fairfield - Weston Library
- Cass - Cass County Genealogical Society
- Clayton - Guttenberg Public Library
- Clinton - Central Community Historical Society
- Dubuque - The Witness
- Linn - Cedar Rapids Public Library
- Linn - Coe College
- Winneshiek - Luther College
- Brown - Morrill Public Library
- Edmonson - Edmonson County Public Library
- Essex - Beverly Public Library
- Knox - Verdigre Public Library
- Sullivan - Fiske Free Library
- North Dakota - North Dakota Archives
- Fulton - Fulton County Chapter O.G.S.
- Washington - North Kingstown Library
If you wish to see a complete list of links to historical newspapers that are searchable for free from companies like Advantage Archives and many others, check out Newspaper Links.