And I have been researching my family history for over 10 years and it has been a blast to do.
I often get nice comments from readers that are helpful in that they add to my content and knowledge, but mostly they are just complimentary. The comments are attached to the posts and sometimes are in an email. And I appreciate all the feedback - positive or negative.
But this one?
Recently I received one in an email that stated - "Although you are not a serious genealogist, I do appreciate the articles that you write."
My question is - What do you think my response should be?
- "Are you friggin kidding me?"
- "You are right - I am not serious - I have fun at this"
- "If being serious means being rude, count me out"
- "I am serious, but don't call me Shirley" (from Airplane!)
- "Is that a stick up your ass or are you just glad to see me?" (butchered Mae West quote)
Maybe the best response is no response.