"Thanks to our partner, Wake Forest University, there are 19 new newspapers added to DigitalNC. Dating from 1857 to 1925, these newspapers were written for Christian communities from the mountains to the Piedmont to the coast of North Carolina.
Most of the newspapers are affiliated with the Baptist denomination, and their audiences vary in size and geography. Some were published for specific churches, like the Broad Street Worker “Devoted to the interests of Broad St. Baptist Church” in Winston, N.C. Others were published for a wider audience by regional, state, or national organizations, like the North Carolina Baptist Missionary Worker and The Gospel Herald published by the Boards of the Baptist State Convention, and the Conflict published by the Anti-Evolution League of America."
Here is a list of the titles:
- The Atlantic Messenger (New Bern, N.C.)
- The Baptist Messenger (Newton, N.C.)
- The Baptist Messenger (Wingate, N.C.)
- The Baptist Sunday School Monthly (Henderson, N.C.)
- The Baptist Worker (Gastonia, N.C.)
- The Blue Ridge Baptist (North Wilkesboro, N.C.)
- The Broad Street Worker (Winston, N.C.)
- Carolina Baptist (Hendersonville, N.C.)
- The Central Messenger (Wake Forest, N.C.)
- The Conflict (Memphis, Tenn.)
- Gaston County Baptist Messenger (Gastonia, N.C.)
- The Gospel Herald (Raleigh, N.C.)
- The Helper (Wilmington, N.C.)
- North Carolina Baptist Missionary Worker (Raleigh, N.C.)
- North Carolina Baptist Sunday School Chautauquan (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Southwide Baptist News and Ridgecrest Reporter (Marshall, N.C.)
- The Stanly Baptist (Big Lick, N.C.)
- The Vance County Union (Henderson, N.C.)
- West Chowan Baptist Messenger (Winton, N.C.)
Great news from North Carolina!