"The Library of Congress has made some significant updates and additions to the Chronicling America web site recently:
- Newspapers selected and digitized by the Alaska State Library and History Colorado began to be added to the more than 12 million pages from 41 other states and territories and the District of Columbia
- Expanded coverage of the twentieth-century newspapers, with some newspapers published up to 1943 now available (and more in process, up to 1963) - see http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/newspapers/ and sort by Latest Issue Available to see the most recent
- Adding to non-English newspapers already available published in French, German, and Spanish, Chronicling America now includes newspapers published by and for U. S. ethnic and immigrant communities in Croatian, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Icelandic, Polish, Slovenian and Swedish with more on the way. (Newspapers in these languages are now accessible from the site through browsing with the Ethnicity filter on http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/#tab=tab_newspapers and general keyword search - additional language-specific search filters will be added shortly.)
- Updated software (github.com/LibraryOfCongress/chronam) and server architecture to improve performance and redundancy of resources.
- Now more than 12.4 million pages available, published 1789-1943, from 2361 titles, contributed by 43 states and territories and the Library of Congress"
Progress in newspaper digitization is always Good News!
On or about the first of each month, I will continue to publish the newly added or updated titles to the Chronicling America collection.