- What is Genealogy FOR? This article discusses why people get involved in genealogy in the first place and is quite informative - Why Genealogy Is Important.
- To me there are really only FOUR things you need to do to be successful with your research - Look everywhere; Talk to old people; Write stuff down; and Use your own brain. This may seem over-simplified, but are discussed in more detail in Genealogy is Pretty Simple - Don't Let Anybody Fool Ya.
- Want to break down your "brick wall" with crowdsourcing? Lisa Louise Cooke and Drew Smith discuss 4 Strategies and Techniques to achieve that in this informative video. Watch and learn!
- We all have FOUR grandparents, right? And we would love it if our kids would take an interest in their family history also. Family Tree Magazine offers Family History Questions for Kids to Ask Grandparents.
- Do you use timelines in your research? You should; it is a terrific analysis tool and is indeed a nice way to display the events in an ancestor's life. Lynn Palermo offers a starter for you: Four Steps To a Family History Timeline.
- Scott Phillips tells us about the FOUR "E's" as essential to his Tips to Attract Family Members to Family History.
- Debra Newton-Carter enlightens us with her 4 Tips For Proving Your Family Tree.
- Speaking of numbers - for many months Caroline Pointer has offered us "The XX Things You Need To Know This Morning" - every single day, including holidays. How is the number FOUR involved? Well, her url is 4YourFamilyStory so there's the FOUR.
And just for fun, let's do another poll and determine how you feel about family history.