Here is my handy dandy list:
- I resolve to not waste any time complaining about how some people in the genealogy world from time to time criticize and are condescending to new family history researchers or hobbyists, no matter how much it ticks me off.
- I resolve to spend a heck of a lot more time on Google+, not because it is better for researching and finding cousins (yet), but because it has much more potential to connect with like minded researchers than Facebook (which in my experience, so far, has been better at connecting with potential cousins.)
- I resolve to spend less time following my Twitter stream because most of the time it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. To fix this, I have created a Favs list of the folks that I am truly interested in following and who by and large have something to say. So 98% of the reading will be of those favorites of mine and the rest will just get a very quick scan. And I will continue to bitch at people for spammng the same link or hashtag chat invitation over 20 times a day.
- I resolve (and this is the obligatory resolution) to spend more time adding sources and citations to my database for those newly discovered "facts" and "proofs" that need to be documented properly.
- I resolve to continue blogging my Family History findings so my relatives, whether they care or not, at least have something to read about their ancestors, or feel guilty about for not reading.
- I resolve to ignore my own advice. Even though I wrote a post about stopping begging the cousins for photos, documents and artifacts, I will probably beg and bug them anyway.
- I resolve to finish two books from blogs for my 90 year old relatives who do not know how to use the Internet.
- I resolve to finish my "Letters from Germany" series that has been so enlightening about the day to day lives of my Braunhart ancestors.
- I resolve to continue to write blog posts for The Ancestor Hunt with an edge to them, because stuffy blog posts about genealogy bore the hell out of me.
And last but not least, I will continue to be me, and hopefully won't perturb too many people off because of it.