(from the Elephind Blog):
"This month, we introduce newspaper content from the Papakilo database, from the Office of Hawaiian Affairs. The name Papakilo, was provided by Puakea Nogelmeier and Kau'i Sai-Dudoit, and selected by OHA's CEO, Ka Pouhana Dr. Kamana'opono Crabbe. The definition of Papakilo is "a foundation for seeking, searching, observing." Dr. Crabbe expands on this definition by saying that the name Papakilo "embraces the function of the database which not only implies seeking or to search, but the continual exploration of infinite spaces, levels of knowledge as a perpetual cycle for the next generations to come." By adding this collection, Elephind extends its geographical coverage to the State of Hawaii as well as its language coverage to include Hawaiian."
For the complete article, click HERE
If you have never used (or heard of) elephind, here are a couple of articles that I have written about this wonderful site that will help you:
- Elephind - One to Watch
- When is Fuzzy Search Too Fuzzy? Elephind Tells Us!
- Elephind Updates Its List of Newspaper Titles (1/28/2014)
- Elephind is Growing - 2015 Update
- Elephind Update - September 15, 2016
- Elephind Update - January, 2017
- Elephind Update - February, 2017
- Elephind Update - March, 2017
- Elephind Update - April, 2017
Next months planned update:
Purdue University Library (http://exponent.lib.purdue.edu)
Check out the updates or if you have never tried elephind, check it out!