But thanks to Revgenea Software's new app, you can do just that. Currently it allows you to search Chronicling America and its collections (currently at 11 million pages).
I was approached by Revgenea's Bill Nelson a couple of months ago and was asked if I would do some beta testing of the new app. After a month or so of going back and forth with a few bugs (rapidly fixed) and suggestions, the app in my opinion is outstanding.
Here is a summary of this feature-rich app. For a complete discussion go to OldNews USA - Features
- You can set a research goal, such as a geographical location or date range
- There are basic and advanced search features
- Searches are saved so you can use an old search, modify it, or create a new search
- Just like Chronicling America, search terms are highlighted in the results
- Search results can be ordered by relevance or date
- For every image page or clipping saved, a source citation is automatically created and saved
- A search research log is maintained
- A Google map of each title is available, so that you can see titles nearby to your chosen geographic location
- Images and citations can be saved to or shared with many different storage places, such as DropBox, Goggle Drive, Evernote, etc.
- Many more...
More information can be found at Revgenea.com
This app is definitely worth your time.
Full Disclosure - There really is nothing to disclose. I have no relationship with Revgenea. My only interest is to further the ability for genealogists and family history researchers to have good tools available to research their ancestors in old, historic newspapers.