This is a book delivered via pdf that is chock full of hints, tips and recommendations on how to become a proficient online newspaper researcher. It also has some important links that will be quite useful to you in your genealogy research.
Here is the Table of Contents:
- How to Mentally Prepare
- What Should You Know?
- Why Search Newspapers in the First Place?
- What about Obituaries?
- Where to Search
- How to Choose a Subscription Site
- How to Search
- How to Outsmart OCR and Other Tricks
- - Change Letters and Deliberately Misspell
- - Take Advantage of Hyphens
- - Mr. and Mrs.
- - Browse and Jump
- - Search Using Abbreviations
- - Include Key Words in Your Search Criteria
- Things to Remember - Mistakes to Avoid
- Saving Newspaper Images
It is.delivered via a downloaded pdf that you can easily acquire by clicking the whale below and taking the few steps to get this information.
Just like the fact that all the newspapers are not free to search and sometimes you have to pay a little to get what you want (via a subscription for example), this material is not free. However, this 27 page manual is definitely worth your small investment.
Please consider adding this information to your genealogy and family history reference collection.