- You can do a lot of your research and documentation in your pajamas and slippers, although I would advise dressing up a bit if you go to an archive, a library, or a genealogical society meeting.
- You don't have to shave or wear makeup.
- You don't have a boss so you don't have to answer to anyone.
- You can waste a lot of time on social media and educating yourself ad nauseum and everyone will think you are a dedicated researcher.
- You can swear all you want at your ancestors and your computer with no repercussions. After all they are just dead people so they can't yell back.
- You can do crappy research and your relatives won't know any better since most of them don't care anyway.
- People will think you are weird because you obsess about dead people so if you were already weird in the first place you can just blame it on your ancestors.
- Most genealogists are kind of geeky so you are in good company.
Welcome Ancestor Hunters!
The Obituaries page in the Tab bar above has 1,400 free obituary indexes from the U.S. and Canada.
The Photos page in the Tab bar above has 1,180 free online photo archives from the U.S. and Canada.
The BMD Links page in the Tab bar above has 2,075 free birth, marriage, and death record databases from the U.S. and Canada.
Search This Site