- You can do most of your research and documentation in your pajamas and slippers, although I would advise dressing up a bit if you go to an archive, a library, or a genealogical society meeting.
- You don't have to shave or wear makeup.
- You don't have a boss so you don't have to answer to anyone.
- You can waste a lot of time on social media and educating yourself ad nauseum and everyone will think you are a dedicated researcher.
- You can swear all you want at your ancestors and your computer with no repercussions. After all they are just dead people and inanimate objects so they can't yell back.
- You can do crappy research and your relatives won't know any better since most of them don't care anyway.
- People will think you are weird because you obsess about dead people so if you were already weird in the first place you can just blame it on your ancestors.
- Most genealogists are kind of geeky so you are in good company.
Welcome Ancestor Hunters!