Now there are 7 Ways!
Since old newspaper pages are being digitized and indexed at a breakneck pace - it becomes difficult keeping up. If you are a newspaper researching fanatic like I am - then you want to know what is happening so that you can take immediate advantage.
For subscription sites, such as Genealogy Bank, Newspaper Archive, British Newspaper Archive, and Newspapers.com, they often will write an article about what collections they have added or updated. One can always go their sites to see what is new - if indeed they tell you - which is not always the case.
For free sites, the information is sporadic and difficult to keep apprised of the changes.
Let me recommend seven additional ways to keep up with the latest and greatest:
- Check out the Genealogy and Newspapers Rebel Mouse Page. This is where I try to post any genealogy and newspaper article written by anyone, that provides updates to collections, interesting articles about newspaper research, tips on how to to research, etc.
- I created a Facebook Group entitled Genealogy and Newspapers. If you join that community you can keep apprised of collection news, dependent on the posts from all the members. Hopefully when you join you will engage with the group and participate.
- Subscribe to the Boost Your Genealogy Research With Newspapers Flipboard. This is where I try to post any genealogy and newspaper article written by anyone, that provides updates to collections, interesting articles about newspaper research, etc.
- There is a Google Plus Community entitled Genealogy and Newspapers. If you join that community you can keep apprised of collection news, but also some tips and other relevant information. Hopefully when you join you will engage with the community and participate.
- If you Subscribe to this site you will get emails of the actual blog post every time that I write something new. Most of the posts and articles here are about newspapers and best practices for researching them, but not all posts are newspaper related.
- If you are using an RSS Reader like Feedly, you can enter this site and all posts and articles will be available to you this way. The url for the RSS feed is www.theancestorhunt.com/1/feed
- I have created about 50 (and growing) tutorials about how to use many of the online newspaper research sites. You can Subscribe to my channel on YouTube and avail yourself of the "how-tos" of many of these sites at my channel .
Then again, you can always manually come back to this site whenever you wish to, or any other newspaper-related site of course.
All of these methods work. And they all are intended to keep you up to speed with the latest in the Newspapers for Genealogy Research World.