All this stuff is on your computer or in the cloud. You've stored the names and dates in some genealogy software or in an online tree.
But have you WRITTEN these family stories down into a collective family history?
Here are 7 reasons why you should:
- If you don't write it - who will?
- It honors your ancestors
- It keeps them alive forever
- If you post the stories on the Internet, you might find a "cousin"
- You may inspire some of your known relatives to participate and share more stories and photos and documents than they already have (if they have).
- You are going to die some day and the stories could then be lost forever
- Did I say it is fun?
The best time to start is NOW!