For subscription sites, such as Genealogy Bank, Newspaper Archive, British Newspaper Archive, and Newspapers.com, they often will write an article about what collections they have added or updated. One can always go their sites to see what is new - if indeed they tell you - which is not always the case.
For free sites, the information is sporadic and difficult to keep apprised of the changes.
Let me recommend five additional ways to keep up with the latest and greatest:
- I created a Google Plus Community a couple of months ago entitled Genealogy and Newspapers. If you join that community you can keep apprised of collection news, but also some tips and other relevant information about this fascinating and addictive method of finding information about your ancestors. Hopefully when you join you will engage with the community and participate.
- If you Subscribe to this site you will get emails of the actual blog post every time that I write something new. Most of the posts and articles here are about newspapers and best practices for researching them, but not all posts are newspaper related.
- If you are using an RSS Reader like Feedly, you can enter this site and all posts and articles will be available to you this way. The url for the RSS feed is www.theancestorhunt.com/1/feed
- I have created well over a dozen (and growing) tutorials about how to use many of the online newspaper research sites. You can Subscribe to my channel on YouTube and avail yourself of the "how-tos" of many of these sites at my channel .
- The newest way - and this is the "prettiest" in my opinion is to (drum roll):
Subscribe to my brand new Flipboard - and this site will incorporate all of the materials in the 4 previous items PLUS there may be some additional articles that are not available via the above 4 methods. So give it a try at
Boost Your Genealogy Research With Newspapers
Then again, you can always manually come back to this site whenever you wish to, or any other newspaper-related site of course.
All of these methods work. And they all are intended to keep you up to speed with the latest in the Newspapers for Genealogy Research World!